What are the 5 best essential utensils in pastry and cooking!

 

As you probably know, the pastry is an exact science that needs reliable accessories that are hard to do without. No good pastry chefs without the right tools. But it can come at a cost, especially when choosing quality equipment. Fortunately thanks to the internet it is possible to equip at a very affordable price. In this article, you will find many items that I have unearthed for you and that will make your life easier in the kitchen. I have tested all the products in this buying guide, in order to guarantee you the best value for money.

To tell you the truth, most of these products equip my pastry shops. Inevitably I put the bar of requirement at its peak because I have a daily and intensive use of each of my utensils.

Also, be aware that I am not in partnership with all the brands mentioned below. I am therefore completely impartial and free to give you my opinion.

meilleurs ustensiles pâtisserie pas cher fouet guide d'achat

So here are for me the 20 best essential pastry utensils:  

  1. Best whip: Goma from De Buyer

The whip, the emblematic utensil of pastry and cooking, but also the most prone to the scrapyard. Whips often break in two places: at the base at the welds or at the wires. 

And when it doesn't break, it twists and the whip becomes completely ineffective. 

For me, the best whip on the market is the Goma model from De Buyer. It is an extremely robust whip and also very effective thanks to its "balloon" shape. It also has a non-slip handle and can be switched to the dishwasher.

Let me be simple: this is the best whip I've held in hand. I use it almost every day for almost 4 years and for now, it is like new. 

This whip sometimes costs a little expensive (about thirty euros in-store) but it is often on sale on Amazon:

meilleurs ustensiles pâtisserie pas cher balance guide d'achat

  1. Best cheap scale: Adoric

Another essential accessory in pastry: the electronic scale. would only encourage you to weigh everything, even liquids and eggs.

Making your pastries or bread requires as much precision as know-how. It is a meticulous pleasure that requires rigour. So opt for a precise electronic scale with a gram.

And it's pretty useless to spend a fortune to get a good little scale. In my classes, I use this model from Adoric. 

It is quite compact, robust (stainless steel tray), with a backlit screen and the TARE style. Comes with batteries, it can be found on the Internet for less than 20 euros: 

meilleurs ustensiles pâtisserie pas cher guide d'achat

  1. To cook everything: Oven Filter

As you know, cooking is an essential step in pastry and cooking. And parchment paper is unfortunately not often the right solution (poor heat conduction, paper adhesion on the preparation, paper that "steals" in the oven ...). It's also bad for the environment to buy and throw away a ton of parchment paper when you often suffer like me.

So I opted for many years for cooking mats. But be careful not just any!

To bake most of my pastries, I use Demarle's Silpat carpet. It is a high-quality enamelled silicone baking mat with natural non-stick properties. It withstands high temperatures and can be reused nearly 3000 times. So you'll get plenty for your largely.

To make it clear in the text: buy these two brands where you don't buy anything.

meilleurs ustensiles pas cher

  1. And the baking sheets that go with it!

And that says baking mat necessarily means baking sheet. I deliberately chose plates that are the same size as carpets for perfect optimization. 

I also use stainless steel plates (see aluminum) from De Buyer. I have a standard plate set and others that are punctured. 


Comments